Organizer of the event is Research Training Group 2482 (RTG 2482 / ModISC), Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, Universitätsstr. 1, 40225 Düsseldorf. Participation in the event is exclusively governed by these conditions of participation.
Participation in this symposium is only possible after registration. Other possibilities of participation are excluded.
With his/her participation, the participant declares his/her explicit agreement with these conditions of participation.
Photographs, Videos and Sound Recordings
Taking photographs, screen shots, videos, sound recordings or to making similar recordings is prohibited. Exceptions may only be permitted with the prior written consent of the speakers and RTG 2482. The publication and sharing of visual and audio recordings of this event is not permitted. If the participant violates this prohibition, he/she can be excluded from further participation.
Information on the Processing of Personal Data for the Organisation and Implementation of the Symposium at the RTG 2482 of the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
Status June 2021
With this data protection information, the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf (hereinafter referred to as HHU) complies with its duty to inform pursuant to Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as DSGVO) for the above-mentioned processing of personal data.
Supplementary information can be found in the HHU data protection declaration (https://www.uni-duesseldorf.de/home/footer/datenschutz.html ).
With regard to the terms "personal data", "processing", "controller", "third party" etc. used, reference is made to the definitions in Article 4 of the GDPR.
1. Contact details
The responsible party for the processing and use of personal data as well as audio/image and video recordings (hereinafter recording material) is HHU, a legal public corporation supported by the State of NRW. It is represented by the Rector Prof. Dr. Anja Steinbeck.
1.1 Contact details of the person responsible
Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
Tel.: 0211 81 10000
1.2 Contact person for the created/published recording materials
Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
Research Training Group 2482 / ModISC
Prof. Dr. Thomas J. J. Müller / Dr. Martina Holz
Tel.: 0211 81 15592
1.3 Contact details of the data protection officer
You can contact the data protection officer of HHU by post at the address of the data controller given above or as follows:
Tel.: 0211 81 13060
2. Information on the personal data and recording material processed and the purposes of processing
Within the framework of the organisation and implementation of the symposium at the RTG 2482 of the
HHU, your personal data will be processed for various purposes.
Processing of personal data of participants:
- if you participate in the symposium, we collect your personal data for the organisation of the event: When you register, your title, first name, last name, email address and department will be stored. We collect this data in order to provide you with all the information you need to participate in the event and for the internal organisation of our event.
If photos are taken during the event, we will inform you separately about their use.
3. legal basis for the processing of personal data and the production and publication of photographic material
The collection of personal data for the stated purposes is based on the explicit or implied consent of the data subjects pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a. DSGVO.
By activating the button "Participate in the meeting", you impliedly express your consent to the participation and the associated processing of your data. The extent of your participation in the meeting is at your discretion. By switching on the camera or your microphone, you impliedly consent to the processing of your speech and images during the event. You can voluntarily provide information in the chat. Participation in the event and switching on the camera and microphone are voluntary. You will not suffer any disadvantages if you do not choose these forms of participation. If you do not wish to appear at the video conference with your name, you can register with a pseudonym at Webex.
4. Transmission of personal data
With the exception of the operator of the aforementioned video platform, we do not transmit your personal data processed by HHU for the purposes mentioned under 2 to third parties. However, we would like to point out that the IT departments or a service provider may have access in the context of care and maintenance work.
The video conferencing platform is Webex. This company has access to your data. As it is an American company, there is no adequate level of protection equivalent to the EU. Additional information can be found in the data protection policy of Cisco https://www.cisco.com/c/de_de/about/legal/privacy-full.html.
5. Duration of processing/data deletion
Personal data will be deleted one year after completion of the Research Training Group 2482 or as soon as you withdraw your consent.
6. Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject, you can assert the rights granted to you by the GDPR at any time:
- The right to information as to whether and which of your data is being processed (Art. 15 DSGVO). The restrictions according to § 12 DSG NRW apply;
- the right to request that the data concerning you be corrected or completed (Art. 16 DSGVO);
- the right to have the data concerning you deleted in accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO. The restrictions according to § 10 DSG NRW apply;
- the right to demand restriction of the processing of the data in accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO;
- the right to object to future processing of data concerning you in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO;
- the right to revoke consent given at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation (Art. 7 (3) DSGVO).
In addition to the aforementioned rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Art. 77 DSGVO). The supervisory authority responsible for HHU is the
State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information of North Rhine-Westphalia
Telephone: 0211 38424-0
However, we would be grateful if you would contact our data protection officer - before you take your concerns to the supervisory authority - see section 1.3. We will try to meet your concerns.
7. Validity of this data protection notice